180.8


The real point of this blog is to track my progress, as I begin yet another diet. But at the same time, I'm buying a house and planning a wedding. I know, I'm insane!

So the diet I'm starting is HCG drops. I stole the idea from my friend, Mel. I was stuck. Big time. It seemed like no matter what I ate, or didn't eat I'd gain. I haven't lost a pound in over 6 months. And I am frustrated.

HCG is the hormone women produced when they are pregnant. I take the drops under my tongue and they are supposed to basically release the excess store fat that I have in my body, and reset my metabolism. This is not an inexpensive endeavor. Nor is it easy. While I am on these drops I'm suppose to eat 500 calories a day. I can only eat certain meats, veggies and fruits. No carbs, no oils, no sugar. What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger, right? Right. (I hope!)

So here we go. Day 1. I weigh 180.8 lbs. My absolute, all time heaviest. UGH!!!!!! I took the drops before breakfast. And I took a B12 supplement. Since today is a loading day I had 2 poached eggs, sausage, country gravy and shredded potatoes. No idea what I'll get for lunch. And I've promised the kids KFC for dinner. I can HEAR my arteries hardening. I get to eat this crap again tomorrow. Then day 3 starts starvation mode. Just kidding. Kind of.

For fun, on top of trying an insane diet, our offer was accepted on a house yesterday. Tonight, at 5:45p, we sign the Purchase and Sales Agreement. Then it's full speed ahead because we're hoping to close on June 18th. I know it seems soon but there's no reason to wait. Our financing is in place, Gregg and I both have apartments that we rent month to month, and the house is an estate. So it's empty.

Hold on, it's gonna be a bumpy ride.
1 Response
  1. I'm so happy to be a part of your life and this craziness! You've come so far, grown so much, and you deserve all this happiness - including the house!

    Also, I think I'll subscribe to your blog! :)